Dazzling Knowledge

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A True Story that Will Restore Your Faith in America

I was driving home from work and I turned onto my street and I saw a little girl riding a bike in the street. This is perfectly normal, as there are many families in my neighborhood and children frequently play in the street. I like that about my neighborhood. Anyway, there's an approximately ten-year-old little girl on a pink bike riding in the street, so I slow and wait for her to ride to the sidewalk. Except, she didn't ride to the sidewalk. Instead, she rode very slowly, right in the middle of the street.

I just drove very slowly behind the girl for around half a block. Fortunately, I was in a good mood, and in no hurry, so it didn't really bother me to drive really slowly down my street for a little while. Still, it seemed weird that this girl basically ignored my presence and was riding so slowly, even for a little girl on a pink bike.

At some point, I looked more colesly and noticed something. The girl's head was cocked.. and she was talking on a cell phone.

Just think about that.

I could only speculate that on the other line was her mother, driving an SUV, holding up traffic on the other end of town.

Oh wait. That story won't restore anybody's faith in America. My bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you did not turn her into roadkill restores my faith in tpotdomescandal.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home