Dazzling Knowledge

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Farm frenzy continues

Regardless of your basic positions on organic, agribusiness, etc., I think that the best farm policies will evolve in an environment without the market-distorting effects of special interest legislation. That said, ugh:

"We need to stand up to the special interests, bring Republicans and Democrats together, and pass the farm bill immediately," Barack Obama declared last November. It was a weird thing to say, since the farm bill, which subsidizes an arbitrarily chosen section of the economy at the expense of taxpayers and consumers in general, is special-interest legislation by definition.


Whole thing here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dominick said...

Vetoing the Farm Bill is probably the only thing I....oh god, I feel sick..... I...agree with president Bush on...oh god I think I have to go throw up.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home